[OM] Lichfield - ring flash

Subject: [OM] Lichfield - ring flash
From: "LARS BUNDESEN" <lars.bundesen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 21:21:36 +0100

> Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net
and spake thusly:

> > Having a ring flash fired in yer gob is a bit of a shock, but I've
> > seen it done...I'm trying to recall where.  It was somebody quite
> > famous for their portraits.  I'm thinking Newman, but he claims he
> > doesn't even own a flash, so I'm probably misremembering.
>
> I remembered.  It was Patrick Lichfield.

In the Olympus Visionage magazine # 1, p. 16, there is a picture of Patrick
Lichfield taking a portrait photo with a T 8 ringflash and reflector. (BTW,
Visionage # 2 has an article about the OM flash system, including of course
also the various macro flashes).

I have never tried the T8 plus reflector, but this flash is probably much
better for portraits, since you get reflected light, not direct light into
the eye.

Lars