Re: [OM] 3 volt battery holder found-New Mystery!

Subject: Re: [OM] 3 volt battery holder found-New Mystery!
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 11:58:46 +0100
Gary Faulkenberry wrote:

: I finally got my $5.00 3 volt battery holder. After Frank's message, my
: enthusiasm sort of waned, but what the heck, I only paid 5 bucks for it.
: Anyway, after unwrapping it and giving it a good once over, it appeared that
: the threads were indeed for a 4T. I tried it and sure enough, it fit the 4T
: perfectly. The 3 volt battery holder I've got is model #107-086 designed to
: fit 3's, 4's, and 2S's. I guess Oly made two versions. I  can now begin a new
: ten year quest to find the unit that fits 2 n's.

Gary,
does this unit look like an original unmodified item from Olympus, and not some
home-made, modified or off-brand item? What inscriptions does it have? Did it
came
with a box, or instruction sheet? Does it look like 3V Battery Holder 1?
 http://www.veluwen.demon.nl/om-sif/phototechnicalgroup/3v_battery_holder_1.htm
)
The 3V Battery Holder 1 has the inscription 'Olympus Japan' on the battery
compartment, 'OM-2 only' on both parts where the cable is molded, inside the
battery compartment there is a sticker 'G-13 (EPX76) 1.5V x2 Silver Oxyde'. The
cable is 147cm long. There are no type indicators or serial numbers printed on
it,
or on its box, or on its instruction sheet. I bought mine last year new in box
for
US$40.
The System Chart in the SIF from 1986 or 1987, containing the OM-1n, OM-2SP,
OM-3,
OM-4, OM-4Ti, OM-10, OM-20, OM-30 and OM-40, cameras that would all (except the
1n) be compatible with your unit, only contains 3V Battery Holder 1. So if your
item is original, it must have been made for a very short period, maybe round
1990, be very rare, and any Olympus collector would gladly trade you his black
Zuiko 350mm/F2.8 for it... ;)

P.S. if it is original, you _must_ take a picture of it, scan it, and send it to
me for the e-SIF! If it isn't, it still is a very nice unit, allowing you to do
multi spot meterings on the North Pole!

H@nz