Re: [OM] Ultra wides

Subject: Re: [OM] Ultra wides
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 10:45:03 EST
In a message dated 11/19/99 12:15:48 AM Central Standard Time, csoles@xxxxxxx
writes:

> How does this compare with other ultra wides in coverage?

Here's some numbers from George Lepp's " The Natural Image".
            Nikon 15F3.5        Sigma 14F3.5        Canon 14F2.8L
close focus         1ft                 .6ft                    .8ft
angle coverage      110 deg.            114 deg.            114 deg.
weight              22.2 oz             19.5 oz             19.6 oz
B&H price           2069                549                 2179

If the Sigma 14mm is like the 400 F5.6 APO Sigma I own, the build quality
will be good, but no Zuiko. Lepp compared the Sigma 14mm lens to the Canon
and said that the sharpness was " up to the standards of the other two." A
friend has this lens in a Minolta mount and I got a chance to use it when we
visited Arches N.P. and Natural Bridges N.M. This lens is a special purpose
lens, but it is a lot of fun to use! Gary Faulkenberry