Re: Wish I had a camera (Was[OM] Astro Q)

Subject: Re: Wish I had a camera (Was[OM] Astro Q)
From: Jim Lawler <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:16:31 -0600
I work three nights a week in a shelter and was driving myself from home in Mt.
Prospect, Il to
Chicago for work when I was treated to a most spectacular display.

Heading East on N.E. Highway at around 6:00pm I saw one of the first of the
Leonids. It streaked
across the sky from the south-east, was bright blue in color, and as it
continued it's trajectory
downward split into several smaller pieces, bringing with it a most colorful
trail and cooling in
color, going from blue, to white, to orange. It was awesome.

I was doing about 45mph with my mouth wide open not knowing (at the time) what
I was looking at
and hoping I wouldn't hit anybody.  And wishing I had a camera.

Jim