Re: [OM] Lens hoods - was geee whizzz... me tooo

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens hoods - was geee whizzz... me tooo
From: Steven_Read@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 11:58:13 -0500

   TMLee  <clairetm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
   >anyway, I checked and found nothing else (disapointment) in the cases for my
   16fisheye (also from the same guy) and my 35shift with a good condition
   case....

   >which makes me wonder now.... are there supposed to be hoods for these 2
   lenses ?

If you think about it you'll realize there's no hood for the 16/3.5 fish (neat
lens though) you've got to have an angle of view less than 180 degrees for a
hood to make sense, so the widest lens with a hood is the 18/3.5, however for
the 35/2.8 shift there certainly is one (catalog #108-210), it's the same hood
as for the 21/3.5.  The list below is based on "omlens.pdf" from the olympus
america site.  Anybody know of a hood for the 24 Shift or the 40/2?

18/3.5    #108-200
21/2      #108-232
21/3.5    #108-210
24/2 #108-211