Re: [OM] not your average lunar exposure Q

Subject: Re: [OM] not your average lunar exposure Q
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 23:24:36 EST

> On the other hand, in Michael Covington's amateur astrophoto book (great
>  resource! and you get to see some sweet Zuikos too :-)) has a table at the
>  end with exposure guidelines, and has different settings for different
>  phases.

The albedo of the moon is less than the usual18tandard grey card because
the cheese there is darker than the usual.  Also, the phase does matter. The
reflectance off the side of an object is less than light reflecting directly
back to you. Lastly people think that the moon is bright but it's all a
relative matter. So to shoot your usual high key portrait of the moon you
must also overexpose a bit. I've never seen the table so I may have missed
the moon or have I shot the moon?

Warren