RE: [OM] Cosina 2000 (was "OM2000"(was "The New Kid On The Block"))

Subject: RE: [OM] Cosina 2000 (was "OM2000"(was "The New Kid On The Block"))
From: Dave Bulger <dbulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 10:43:48 -0600
Jim,

While I have no experience with either the OM 2000 or Cosina, I personally
wouldn't hesitate to buy an OM 2000 if I needed one.  My take on the matter
is that, ergonomic factors aside, almost any body that a) exposes film, b)
has a spot meter, and c) has some provision for a mirror lockup is going to
be satisfactory.  The fact that the OM 2000 accepts my beautiful Zuiko
lenses is what seals the matter.  Granted, I've been spoiled by the single
digit OM size, ergonomics and elegance, but I could retrain my hands &
brain to work with a Nikon or Canon if I needed to.  But I ain't giving up
my Zuikos!

My take on it is that a body's job is to meter exposure and expose the film
- duties that just about all of the bodies and brands available today will
do satisfactorily.

I buy camera systems for the lenses rather than the bodies.  Since I can't
afford Leicas, I'm with Olympus!

I'd suggest thinking a bit about buying the 35-70 zoom they're packaging
with the body however -- while I haven't subjected it to the Gary Reese
type testing, it feels cheap and I haven't heard anything good about it.
 There's a wealth of the "good" Zuiko lenses around, on eBay if not from
listees here.

Dave