RE: [OM] iS/L-page @ e-SIF!

Subject: RE: [OM] iS/L-page @ e-SIF!
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 00:36:57 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: Hans van Veluwen <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 1999 6:22 PM
Subject: [OM] iS/L-page @ e-SIF!

> Yes dear Zuiks & Zuikettes, OM- & iS-Lovers ;) all over the world,
>
> I hereby proudly present to you World's First Unofficial iS-Series page,
as an
> addition to the e-SIF.
>
> Many of us own one of these cute little AF Wunderbricks from Olympus, and
so do I,
> and I guess in the few months that I've been playing with the iS-3000 I
kinda fell
> in love with it. When I hold its smooth body, and close my eyes, I can
*swear* I'm
> holding an OM-5AF. Untill I try to unscrew its wonderfull 35-180mm lens,
that is.
> Oh well. I just gave in to the temptation of adding one page dedicated to
the
> whole series. The link can be found in the table beneath the main links to
the OM
> System Groups. Enjoy.

It sure was a good thing that you finally gave in to this temptation Hans.
:-)  A welcome addition indeed to your site. I will surely print it out
tomorrow. Just a few questions though. Quoting from the IS page:

--
"The US models iS-3 DLX and iS-30 DLX remarkably lack a feature that's
present in their non-US counterparts, the iS-3000 (DLX) and iS-300 (DLX). It

Are you really certain that the US IS-30 does not have Super FP flash?
Everything I have read so far about the IS-30/IS-300 has indicated that they
are identical (as opposed to IS-3/IS-3000 which, as you say, are not
identical). Even the IS-30 info that John H has at his Camtech site says it
has Super FP: Quoting from his IS-30 page at
http://www.zuiko.com/53_IS30.html :

--
"The twin tube flash system offers all the previous flash features of other
IS cameras PLUS Super FP flash (flash exposures up to 1/2000th of a

Obviously one of you are incorrect on this matter. Hate to say it but I tend
to believe that Olympus somehow have solved the patent problem in the US
during the years, and that IS-30 and IS-300 are completely identical.

There is no mention of the two new tele converters that were released with
the new IS-300 in March this year? They are the IS/L C-160 1.45x HQ
converter and the IS/L C-210 1.9x converter. Of note is that the latter
comes with a lens hood. They can both of course also be used with older
IS-models of the smaller series. No mention either of the new RC-200 remote
control with the important improvement that the battery(-ies?) can be
replaced easily. Although the RC-200 also works with the IS models it is not
a dedicated IS accessory however, since it can be used also with several of
the newer Oly P & S's as well as the Centurion models.

Per Nordenberg

--
To look into the eyes of the wolf is to look into ones' soul.