[OM] Re: RE: olympus special tool (No Olympus Content)

Subject: [OM] Re: RE: olympus special tool (No Olympus Content)
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 09:45:15 -0800
At 6:15 PM -0500 11/9/99, John Hermanson wrote:
>As an Olympus technician, you're given a battery cap tool with a  nylon
>blade made to fit the cap slot.  Most techs would throw the nylon blade away
>and install a U.S. Nickel in its place.

This kinda reminds me of the U.S. Nickel Pioneer Electronics once sold
to Laser Disc servicers. They sold a "disc warpage check tool" which was
a nickle in a bag with instructions to try to slide it underneath the
center of the disc laying on a flat surface. If so, disc was warped out
of spec. Cost of this "tool"? U.S. $35.00 and that was back in the early
1980s! Don't get me started on when Pioneer removed test point markings
on circuit boards because they cost .05 cents each. That didn't last
BTW...

No Olympus content I'm afriad but humorous to some I hope.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
www.motorsportvisions.com