Re: [OM] Travel Kit - More musing

Subject: Re: [OM] Travel Kit - More musing
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 17:23:33 -0800
*Thanks all for the responses to my inquiry.
I would like to travel light but I hate to be without a needed
piece of equipment at an opportune time.
The reason I always carried two bodies is because my OM2
would lock up on occasion and I had the OM1 to back it up.
When I started using the right batteries the problem stopped.
Now I want to go with only one camera on occasion but I still
get nervous about it.  I feel confident about the OM1 alright
but I like the 2.  If I had to go with only one it would be the 1.
Maybe that is where they got the name from.  ;-) It is the ONE!

===The rationale for so many different bods is different films:  fast and
slow
slides, color print, and BW.  So in a way none of my cameras is a backup.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA=====

*And if one pooped out you would have the other.

===Curious if the pros on the list who shoot events (receptions, bar mitvahs
weddings, etc.) always take a MF and some 120 film even if there is no plan
to use it?

John Lind====

*I have only seen pro's shooting these type of events with either MF or
both.
I do the same.

===What a lucky man you are to have a wife willing to carry the tripod for
you
<g>.  I don't bother with mine if the other half is with me.  Went out
early this morning without adult supervision and was able to use it
shooting panoramics.

John Lind again =====

*Actually I would like to free up my wife for more shooting.
I really love it when she gets into photographing along with me.

====Lenses are really difficult, mainly because my favourites are heavy
(200/4 and
300/4.5), but also because I like to have a choice every day.  However, I
have
just bought 2 end pockets to fit my Billingham 206 bag and the increase in
space
is stupendous.  I can probably carry another 4-6 lenses, although the 300
will
just not fit in the end pockets.  My back is really going to take a pounding
;-(.

Chris====

Too much for me.
The longest I usually work with is 135mm.
For OM that is not a large lens.
Another 4-6 lenses!!  Forget it.
As I said before 28mm - 50mm - 85mm
and sometimes 100mm and 135mm.
I really would like a 35mm.
It seems to me that the perfect lens for me is a
35 to 80 f2.8 :-(  This is really sad because they are $1200 US.
And that OM4Ti for $1100.  But again what a set up!!!!!

Ta for now,
Charlie L.