[OM] more pinhole news

Subject: [OM] more pinhole news
From: Dirk and Carla Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 18:23:04 -0500
Well, I got the color prints back from using the body cap/pinhole on the
OM-2n in autoexposure mode. It worked! I'm amazed that it would acuately
expose for such a small aperture (f/185). They are a little fuzzy which is
typical with pinhole, but lots of depth of field, as you would also expect.
I also learned to keep the sun off of the pinhole itself, since a couple of
shots got a really interesting rainbow effect in the print. I also noted
that there was no light fall off at the edge of the prints, which is good
for pinhole.

Today, I loaded the OM-1 with infrared B+W film and shot some more pinhole.
I held the Hoya 49mm R72 filter in front of the pinhole for the exposure.
The R72 filter only allows light with wavelengths longer than 720 nM to
pass. This is a deeper red than the 25a filter. I also tried some shots
with a 50mm lens, since it is the only one I have that takes 49mm filters
at the moment. I used a tripod for all exposures of  course.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright