Re: [OM] Shuttle Launch advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Shuttle Launch advice
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 13:49:19 -0800 (PST)
Cc: packardc@xxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, Charles Packard wrote:

:You're all still here, good!
:I am planning a little trip to Florida in early December and am hoping
:to see the next shuttle launch on December 2 at 2:00 am.I am in need of
:some advice:
:1) Where to be positioned for taking photographs.
:2) How to set the exposure for a nightime launch.
:One thought I had is to double-expose a frame, one while the shuttle is
:sitting on the pad, the second right after the engines start (before it
:leaves the pad). I'm thinking that if the shuttle doesn't move too much
:when the engines start I should get pretty good results.
:I'll be packing my OM1, 2n and maybe the OM2000. along with 2x
:teleconverter, 200 f4, 70-210, 35-70, 55 f1.2, 28 f3.5 and 100 f2.8
:lenses and of course tripods and other gear.
:P.S. If any list members also plan to be there and would like to get
:together I'm game just email me before November 29th.

http://www-pao.ksc.nasa.gov/kscpao/release/1997/76-97.htm

http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~stanj/Travel/STS-93/index.html

HTH

/Acer "steppenwolf" Victoria