Re: english (US) terminology/phrase? was Re: [OM] Problems with Olympus

Subject: Re: english (US) terminology/phrase? was Re: [OM] Problems with Olympus America
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 08:34:30 -0800
===it's from the last century, or early this century, where a person would
stand on a soap box (soap in those days came in wood boxes) on the street
and make an impassioned speech about some current event. probably used by
people running for local offices. otherwise known as a "soapbox orator."

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright=====

Thanks for taking that one.
When I lived in Perth WA I had a shop in Fremantle
and often went down to the speakers corner under the big tree.
Anyone could get up and say anything they wanted.
I believe they stood on a box.
Does anyone know if this is still done there?
How about it Perthites?  And where are those photo's of Fremantle?

Charlie L.