Re: [OM] National Parks and buses

Subject: Re: [OM] National Parks and buses
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 11:39:30 -0700
>Walking sticks! You mean you don't use a monpod? :-)

Hmmmmm, more equipment.  That would mean I need another wife.
Zion is in Utah.  Hmmmmm.

Seriously, I do have a monopod but I figure if I need something to
steady my camera it should be all (tripod) or nothing.
I may try the monopod again as I am doing more hiking of late.
It would be more useful in the open desert and around rock formations.
In the canyons the shadows are too deep and the exposures get to long.
I did get some prints back from Zion.  The tripod is almost a
necessity for sharp photo's, even with 400iso.
The biggest problem with exposures was the contrast range between the
bright mountains and sky with the lower regions such as the flora and
the streams etc.  When the contrast could be avoided the exposures were
nice.

Charlie L.