Re: [OM] tripods, again.

Subject: Re: [OM] tripods, again.
From: "imagineero ." <imagineero@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 06:59:44 PDT
Tripods. gotta have them, hate to haul them. I hate my tiltall, I want
something else. I'm thinking of a nice ball head, maybe Bogen. What was the
conclusion to the last tripod discussion? I wasn't paying attention to
well, what with all the SUV stuff flying around back then. I can't afford
Gitzo. I saw a Slik grand master at the store, it looked a whole lot better
than their usual cheap stuff. I have tentatively selected a Bogen 3021 base
and a 3055 HD ball head. That's about 175$ all together. Anyone have better
bang for the buck? (no, I'm not shooting bambi's brother for you non-native
english speakers <g>)

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright

Well Dirk,
The big question is what are you shooting? Do you regularly shoot night photo's with exposures of a few minutes with a 50mm lense, or are you trying to stabilise a big gun for high speed sports action? Are you planning to truck in your equipment or do you have to haul it up mountains on your back? Do you use it daily or once a year? In the water? xtreme cold or other conditions?

This question is as ubiquitous as the 'what's the best camera' question (it's an oly of course!).