Re: [OM] Spot-metering the OM-4(T)

Subject: Re: [OM] Spot-metering the OM-4(T)
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 08:49:51
At 05:15 PM 10/19/99 -0600, you wrote:

>     http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/subpages/wood/wedd02a.jpg
>
>which is one of a series of photos I took at my brother-in-law's wedding
(he'd be the guy in the middle with the shell-shocked goofy grin on his
face.  ;-)   I definitely needed spot metering in this situation because we
were near the summit of Whistler Mountain in British Columbia in early
August, and behind the couple, about 100 metres distant, was a
semi-permanent snowpack indirectly illuminated by light coming from the
cloudbank which had all but enveloped the mountainside.  Lots of flare,
lots of glare, and about a five-stop difference between subject and
background.  And no flash.

I like this photo. I don't think you needed flash. There was enough soft
ambient reflection to light up thier faces, and you even got a nice hair
highlight!

But remember, at a wedding, the bride is the most important person, not the
groom or the best man! (of course, you would have had to change over to the
other side of the aisle to get a better view of her - but that may have
meant changing families on the spot!)

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright