Re: [OM] focus grip slip

Subject: Re: [OM] focus grip slip
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 08:52:44
At 09:09 PM 10/2/99 -0400, you wrote:
>There was a thread about this a few months ago.  John at Camtech suggested
>using rubber cement or Pliobond to re-adhere the rubber focusing ring to
>the barrel.  DON'T use super glue.

There's a web resource for this information, I just can't find it right
now. Basically, the instructions were to remove the band, make a diagonal
cut in one of the "valleys" of the ribbing, shorten the band by a small
amount, then glue it back on the lens. I've never done it, so I don't know
any more than that.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright