RE: [OM] OM1 shutter problem - advice?

Subject: RE: [OM] OM1 shutter problem - advice?
From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 05:53:15 -0400
Dylan wrote:

> PS While I was in Brisbane last week, avoiding a dull medical
> conference, I
> popped into a few camera stores and priced some zuiko stuff,
> just for fun. My
> 500/8 (which some may remember I picked up for A$155 a few
> months ago:-) is
> priced at a cool $2100 wholesale (~$2500 retail) and the
> 350/2.8 (which I sadly
> don't own, but will happily accept as a donation!) is a
> crushing $12300
> _wholesale_. Yikes!

I priced the OM-4Ti & OM-3Ti new at a camera shop near Melbourne a few days
ago and they are ~$AU2900 & $AU3600 RRP, 50mm f1.8 is ~$AU200.  I told the
bloke I wasn't interested in the 50mm f1.8 as I had several already, maybe
he thinks I'm still interested in the 4 !

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Louvre/6152/