Re: [OM] OM-2 with Shoe 3 and F-280

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2 with Shoe 3 and F-280
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 03:20:07 EDT
I reallly haven't experimented with my F280 but here's what the manual says:
Operating instructions are given for using the F280 with the OM-4, OM-2S,
OM-2N, and OM-PC for TTL pics. For either Program Flash or Normal TTL flash,
you set the mode switch to "Normal", select the aperture, and check that the
shutter speed is <1/60. Correct exposure cannot be shown in program mode with
the OM-PC or normal TTL mode in the OM-2N or PC. No mention is made of the
OM-2. Maybe the signal to shut off the flash is too high for the F280.

>  I have a T-32 that I use with my OM-2N and OM-1N, and I also have an
OM-4Ti
> with an F-280. Since the OM-2N uses Shoe 4, and I can get TTL Auto with
shoe
> 4 on it, and I can get TTL auto With the T-32 on the OM-2 with Shoe 3 , my
> question is, can I get TTL Auto on the OM-2 with shoe 3 and the F-280 ??
>
>  Part two: is the F-280 compatible with the Power Bounce Grip 2>  I have
the
> F-TTL Shoe Cord.

It physically fits and if you use the F cord you should get full function.
But the indentation where the battery connection goes is not connected so you
can't use the batteries in the PG-2. Hope this helps.

>  Thanks in advance,
>  John
>
>  John W. Sloane, DMD

Warren