[OM] (Fwd) BOUNCE olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Admin request of typ

Subject: [OM] (Fwd) BOUNCE olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Admin request of typ
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 00:04:31 +0000
Date:          Mon, 13 Sep 1999 02:36:05 -0700

From: Omer Nezih GEREK <gerek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [OM] Dropped from list....

I do not mean any kind of concurance, but...

Perhaps it may be a good idea to move the list to "egroups". It is quite
straightforward to su*bscribe too. I am not very sure about the bugs or
inconveniences about egroups.com, but there are a few advantages I can
think of. It keeps the messages (up to some limit, but then, they can be
packed and transferred to another site - the limit is quite high). It is
extremely easy to search through messages. You do not have to su*bscribe
in the immediate delivery mode, so the digest mode is inherently there.
It is fast. When I post anything to the egroups, it is delivered almost
immediately, whereas I am pretty sure that I will not see this message
of mine before tomorrow (do others have similar problems? perhaps outside
north america?) There is a document vault, where some files can be
downloadad for sharing (instead of sending as e-mail - read: bandwidth
economy). The user profiles can be displayed, if the user wants (we'll know
each other better, or share our web pages). The egroup name is attached
to every email subject line automatically ([OM], for example). There is
a links database, etc.. etc..

But, of course, it is difficult and seems inconvenient to abandon an up
and running system.

OMer