Re: [OM] solution to OM4Ti mirror and shutter lockup?

Subject: Re: [OM] solution to OM4Ti mirror and shutter lockup?
From: Blaz Vrabec <blaz.vrabec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 09:45:09 +0200
John Hermanson wrote:

> Is the camera supposed to fire properly if the control is not set on Auto?
> This is not a problem, really.

Well it is not a problem now when I know this is one of the reasons for camera
lockup. In the past the camera sometimes locked up and I didn't know why.

The mode switch can be accidentaly pushed just a few milimeters from its
position (when putting the camera out of the camera bag for example). The
general overview of the camera seems fine (that few milimeters can't be seen
if you are not looking for this defect).

I was only pointing out one of the reasons for camera lockup (so far the only
explanation was dead batteries).

And since the mirror is locked up electronicaly (?) this probably represents a
threat to the batteries (the current drain is probably the same as during long
exposures) if you don't release the mirror for a while.

Blaz