[OM] Re: XA / Chris Bonington

Subject: [OM] Re: XA / Chris Bonington
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 13:29:33 EDT
Hi All,
        Olympus Vision Age Vol. #4 from 1985 has an article by Bonington
titled-
"The XA Climbs Shivling" in which he explains how the XA is his camera of
choice for climbing, (and apparently not a backup), as he leads you to
believe he doesn't take an SLR along at all, just relies on the XA. (Although
he states he's used OMs since 1974). The article covered a 1983 climb of
Shivling. (In the Himalayas for those that don't know). Images were good, he
credits the +1 1/2 exposure comp switch for getting the snow white.
(I knew I read somewhere that he used an XA)
Regards
George S.