RE: [OM] solution to OM4Ti mirror and shutter lockup?

Subject: RE: [OM] solution to OM4Ti mirror and shutter lockup?
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 15:09:04 +0200
Hi,

> After I finished that roll of film I began experimenting a bit more. I
> could repeat the problem every time I tried it.

I'm not certain to which event you're referring as being "the problem", if
the problem is the locking up then check if your batteries need to be
replaced, OTOH if "the problem" is the releasing of the mirror, then you
need not fear, the OM-4Ti's circuit is reset when you pull that lever
between "Auto" and "Battery Check", and as a result the mirror is released
(or at least that's the way I've understood it). Removing the lens should
have the same effect.

> It would be interesting to know which cameras are prone to this problem
> (4Ti, 4, 2s, ?).

Well, it's apparently as designed, so it's actually not a bug but a feature
:) Dunno exactly which ones have the reset switch located there though...

Cheers!
Olafo