[OM] Re: Missing body parts

Subject: [OM] Re: Missing body parts
From: "David J. Russell" <djr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 18:57:21 -0700
I lost the little red lens cover for the timer on my OM-2S; is anyone out
there parting out a dead OM-2S? Or know where this red cover might be
available?

The Pt. Cabrillo Lighthouse, just north of my home in Mendocino, is being
reconditioned by the California Coastal Conservancy and I was photographing
the removal of the glass and iron lantern. The lantern weighs about nine
tons and we had a large mobile crane on hand for the job.

I had set up two stations, one west of the lighthouse and one to the south
with stepladders to lift the viewpoint above ground level. I would take a
shot from one using a Zuiko 100 mm f2.8 on the OM-2S, then dash down the
ladder and run to the other station for quick shot with a wide angle lens
(OM-2N + Zuiko 28 mm f2.8) showing both the airborne lantern and the gaping
maw of the roofless receiving shed.

For a quick look at the lighthouse, see:
http://zuma.lib.utk.edu/lights/calif7.html (not mine)

Somewhere, somehow, in all of the running around I lost this red lens.
Thanks,

David