[OM] The last word on fungus

Subject: [OM] The last word on fungus
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 19:47:22 -0400
Any notion of the meaning of "a small dehumidifier"?  Dr. Evans earlier
seemed to denigrate dessicant packs but I can't imagine what else you'd
use to dehumidify a small aquarium.

As to Doris' question regarding UV I didn't take it that the Vitalight
is especially high in UV output.  I'm assuming a simultated sunlight
spectrum.  If that's the case then it's no worse than exposing your
lenses to a couple hours of daylight per week.  (And maybe no more
effective)

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA

 (big snip)
>As a remedy, I tested desiccant packs and found most CONTAIN fungal
>spores and actually very poor moisture 'suckers' as Klaus remarked.
 (big snip)