Re: [OM] Questions to OM - Users in sweden!

Subject: Re: [OM] Questions to OM - Users in sweden!
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 13:51:10 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: Wolfgang Theissen <wtheissen@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 14, 1999 10:43 PM
Subject: [OM] Questions to OM - Users in sweden!

> PS.: Is far as I remember we have someone from Kolmarden - which I visited
> a couple of years ago - here on the list. I would like to answer him
> offlist.

Hi Wolfgang

It must be me! Sorry, didn't see your post until now. It just drowned in the
vast amounts of mails in my inbox (about 4000!).
Nice to see someone in the Oly list that has visited Kolmården Zoo. I'm a
zoo keeper at the Safaripark since 1975. My first OM camera was an OM-1,
which I exchanged for an OM-2 after a couple of years (kind of regret now).
In 1987 (I think it was) I bought an OM-2SP which I still have, but the
camera I use most now is an Oly IS-3000 bought in 1994. I have the following
OM lenses: 28-48/4, 75-150/4 and 300/4.5, and I also have a Sigma 600/8
mirror lens. The IS package include G40 flash, 28 and 300 mm conversion
lenses and the macro lens. Recently I've also invested in an Oly C-900 Zoom
digital camera.

In 1987 I worked at Rostock Zoo a couple of weeks, and since then I have
visited Germany many times. Usually I visit Rostock to see my friends at the
Zoo there, but I have also visited Berlin a couple of times to see the ILA
(Internationale Luftfahrtausstellung). Btw, where is Waltrop in Germany?
If you are to visit Kolmården Zoo (Kolmårdens Djurpark in Swedish) again
sometime please send me a mail and I will try to make your visit something
special. In the high season, which is around middle of June to the first
week of August, there isn't much time for anything else than hard work
though, so you might be better off  if you could make your visit earlier or
later (It seems many Germans visit the Zoo in the late summer, August  -
September). Kolmården Zoo has a web site at http://www.kolmarden.com/ where
you can get info on opening times etc. Now we have closed for the season
though. Please feel free to write me anytime.

Schüss,

Per Nordenberg
Tierpfleger am Kolmårdens Safaripark
Schweden

--
"To look into the eyes of the wolf is to look into ones' soul."