Re: [OM] Converter

Subject: Re: [OM] Converter
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank.van.Lindert@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 09:14:42 +0200
On Wed, 6 Oct 1999 22:16:47 +0200, "LARS BUNDESEN"
<lars.bundesen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi, Zuikoholics
>
>I just got a Zuiko 2x Converter. I paid 500 DKK (c. 65 US $) for it, about
>half the usual second hand price here in Denmark, I think.

Hi Lars. Good purchase indeed! Enjoy it.

>I know this converter is made for lenses like 100, 135 and 200 mm. Does
>anyone know if it gives good results with longer lenses, like my 350
>mm/2.8, or should I stick to the 1.4 converter for this lens?

Although the 1.4xA is best, the results from the 2xA with this lens
are pretty good as well.

>I know I could shoot some test slides, but if some of you could tell me
>"yes, it's OK", or "no, it doesn't work", then I could save time and use it
>for real pictures.

Or take some of those, and see if they please you... which I guess
they will.

>Btw, I just saw a 40 mm Zuiko at ebay, at the moment the bidding is about
>400 US$. Is this lens really so good (or rare) to command such a price? I
>paid something like 150 $ for mine, and I thought that was a bit expensive.

Rarity determines the price here, just like with the 50-200/f5 zoom.
I also paid $150 for a 40mm/f2 only two years ago. $300-350 is a usual
price now, $400 seems a bit overpriced to me but prices are moving -
and up is the eBay direction at the moment.

>I'd better hang on to that lens, it seems.

or make a nice profit ;-)

>Lars

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL