Re: [OM] Everest & Olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] Everest & Olympus
From: Brian Windrim <brian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 15:30:53 +0100 (BST)
>In a message dated 10/02/1999 11:27:41 PM EST, djr@xxxxxxx writes:
>
>>  Matt found that his Nikon
>>  F3 had frozen in the -40C temperature. He then pulled out his Olympus
>>  clamshell (Stylus?), backup #1,
>
>I heard somewhere that the Olympus was an XA (?)
>
>George S.

This reminds me of another, converse, story of a climber on Everest who
came across the remains of a camp that had been abandoned in a hurry by
it's previous occupants, 18 months earlier.

Digging around in a collapsed snow dugout he found an XA and put it in his
inside pocket. A hour or so later it came back to life and he used it for
years afterwards.

I don't remember the guy's name, though.

-Brian