[OM] tale of flash shoe woe

Subject: [OM] tale of flash shoe woe
From: "Vincent E. Arnold" <vea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 99 20:58:37 PDT
Greetings to all;
I have a working shoe 4 which is missing the spring steel insert which keeps
tension on the flash foot. I ican use a flash in it, but the flash can fall out
quite easily, and doesn't always make proper contact.  Judging by all the
reports of cracked, non-working shoes out there, I was wondering if any one has
a spare spring part I could wangle?
 ( This only became a problem since the shoe 1 ingeniously freed itself from my
other OM1 whilst I tracked the wily blue heron thru the swamps).

On another subject, has any one seen a -1 diopter for an eyecup 1? I asked many
opticians to make me one but most couldn't/wouldn't make it or would charge 80$
+.  I am currently using a pentax model, but they dont have a rubber eye cup to
block stray light which I find can greatly affect the meter reading.

Regards, Vince Arnold