Re: [OM] Re: OM5+6a - was - Re: I just caught wind that Canon is coming

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OM5+6a - was - Re: I just caught wind that Canon is coming out w...
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 16:43:20 EDT
In a message dated 09/28/1999 12:17:49 PM EST, msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> A Leica from the 50s or 60s can capture just as good an image as an EOS3n
or F5...let's not  forget it is just a light-proof box with a shutter really.

>  I haven't a clue what titanium has to do with picture quality, can
>  anyone fill me in here?

RUGGEDNESS, Robustness, Build-Quality, whatever you like to call it.
I like the idea that since all I'm really carrying is just a "light-proof box
with a shutter"
that my light-proof box is titanium, rather than plastic, which probably
protects the elctronics, shutter mechanism, et al, better. And so, if all
other parts are undamaged, there IS a real chance of better picture-quality,
IMO.

George S.