Re: [OM] Re: I just caught wind that Canon is coming out with an EOS 3n

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: I just caught wind that Canon is coming out with an EOS 3n
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 07:40:50 -0600
At 11:34 PM 9/27/99 -0700, imagineero wrote:

[snip]

>>Now for most folks this does not apply and the simple point and shoot
>>camera
>>will work.  But what it tells me is Olympus has lost it's desire to focus
>>attention on the "PRO MARKET"
>
>This is getting sillier and sillier.  I suppose that the Leica R8 is also
>not focussed on the pro market?  Nikon F3HP?  What about all the manual
>focus Contax gear out there?  Why do people always seem to equate 'pro' with
>AF?

'Cause as we all know, pros are usually somewhat long in the tooth, and, as
their fine-detail eyesight is failing, they need electronic assistance to focus
their lenses properly.  ;-)

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/