Re: [OM] cleaning

Subject: Re: [OM] cleaning
From: Alex.Hughes@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 09:06:16 +0100

I also had some dirt between the knurling on one of my lenses (not a Zuiko
though) and found that a soft used toothbrush (slightly damp) was ideal for
removing it.

Make sure you don'y get any moisture inside the lens (tape up the overlaps with
waterproof tape to be extra safe).

Good luck...

Alex Hughes

Some foul weather ocean side shooting with my OM-1n a little while ago
seems to have left some white salty deposits on the outside of a couple
of my lenses.  A wiping down with a damp cloth took care of the main
barrel, but there are still deposits in the knurled rubber focusing
grip.  Any suggestions as to how to best clean this up?  I have
deliberately avoided anything more aggressive for fear of making things
worse.

Thanks!

Important Email Information

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.It
is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is
unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended addressee please
contact the sender and dispose of this e-mail.