Re: [OM] CART race photos

Subject: Re: [OM] CART race photos
From: Bob Sull <w8imo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 08:10:42 -0400
"M. Stephens" wrote:

> I'll be going to the Houston GP on Sunday for the first time and was
> wondering if anyone has tips on shooting pics from the grandstands.  We have
> seats in the Turn 2 grandstands.  Hopefully will also be able to roam around
> a bit.  I have several OMs (1,2n, 2s, 4, 4T) and 35, 35-70, 50, 85, 135, 200
> Zuikos and an OM 2X converter.  Film suggestions are also welcome.  I would
> like to go as "light" as possible on the gear, so I was thinking of taking
> two bodies, the 35-70, 135, 200 and the 2xA.
>
> Mike

My experience at Mid-Ohio is that you will not get many good shots from
the grandstand.  If you "roam" you will get some good shots during
qualifications and testing since you'll be away from the backs of heads
like you'll see in the stands.

I think the choice of lenses you listed will be good.  The 35-70 is
right if you have paddock passes and the 200 + and - the extender will
let you get good shots.

I usually shoot Fuji Superia 200 and get good results.  I take 400 with
me but have yet to use it.  This past August I shot some Kodak 100 EV
Ektachrome and was able to get the shots I wanted during the race.

Enjoy the race.....  And go Max!

Bob

--
                   //////