Re: Sv: [OM] Newbie - OM-4Ti Mirror lockup problem

Subject: Re: Sv: [OM] Newbie - OM-4Ti Mirror lockup problem
From: Wayne Shumaker <shumaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 15:44:39 -0400
At 03:12 PM 9/21/99 -0700, David wrote:
>Lars: Wasn't this subject discussed here before? I seem to remember the
>villain being identified as an electrical disconnect somewhere, perhaps in
>the battery ground. This is the thread that related the black paint on the
>battery cover with electrical continuity problems. You might check this.

I mentioned once that I had to scrape the inside of the bottom cover
near the screw to improve the electrical contact to the body of the
camera. It eliminated many problems. Electrical resistance will act
like a weak battery, which the OM4t is sensitive to. For me the culprit
was not getting long exposures in with near dark exposures. The camera
would only go for 12 seconds. After scraping near the screws, it went
over 2 minutes.

Wayne
Hopkinton