[OM] Problem with 2-series screens?

Subject: [OM] Problem with 2-series screens?
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 09:25:08 -0500
Oly Shooters,

I've got 2-series screens in all (3!) of my OM-2S's and I wanted to compare
notes. These screens work exceptionally well for me with my slower lenses
and out of the brightest sort of light.  With faster lenses or in extremely
bright light, I think they are possibly less useful.  I have a much harder
time focusing with the matte portion of the screen.  The microprism
section, which almost never works for me with the 1-series screens, is
sometimes my most reliable element under these conditions, whereas I almost
can't find the split prism element.

I have to admit I've noticed this more on one camera than another (the one
I was using my fastest lens on), which is nevertheless working perfectly
and making sharp photos.  My 50/1.4 seems almost to necessitate switching
back to a 1-series screen.

Anyone else with similar experience?

Further thoughts on SUV's ... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz thud

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA