Re: car engines and a/c <LONG> was Re: [OM] Freon. See, I finally , chan

Subject: Re: car engines and a/c <LONG> was Re: [OM] Freon. See, I finally , changed the , , topic!
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 08:59:29 -0700
FWIW my Saab has a fuel consumption meter, and I've never noticed a
significant change whether the a/c is on or not.  Opening the windows
probably *does* have more effect!

Richard

Sometime, about 15 years ago, auto AC became so efficient that it now takes
more gas to run with the windows down and no AC than to run with the the
windows up and the AC going.

Winsor

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA