Re: car engines and a/c <LONG> was Re: [OM] Freon. See, I finally , chan

Subject: Re: car engines and a/c <LONG> was Re: [OM] Freon. See, I finally , changed t...
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 06:15:45 EDT
In a message dated 9/20/99 2:21:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
rhdesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< FWIW my Saab has a fuel consumption meter, and I've never noticed a
 significant change whether the a/c is on or not.  Opening the windows
 probably *does* have more effect! >>

Richard,
            you can still do the test with your fuel meter for the open
window condition!
It is very interesting that your a/c does not change your fuel consumption
much since the only real data I have was my old car in which it definitely
made a difference. What is the resolution of the fuel meter can you measure
1% reliably?
     I am going to Florida next month and will try to see if I can measure
any difference in the rental car on those very flat highways. My feeling with
rental cars previously was it did make a difference but as Acer pointed out
it may be that in city driving it gets to be more significant and in anycase
you don't get a good feel for what is the normal variability for a rental car.

Regards,

       Tim Hughes
        Hi100@xxxxxxx