Re: [OM] OM Web ring help

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Web ring help
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 11:40:34 +0200
Cc: "Clyde Soles" <csoles@xxxxxxx>
I wrote:

: According to the HTML 4.0 specifications, the value _top (target=_top) should
: do this:
(..)
: If this works (I haven't tried it yet), I think this is preferrable.

Well I tried it, and it works, so yes, this is the preferred solution for the
framing problem!

It works even so good, that I have applied it to the starting pages of my mirror
site on Xoom and it allowed me to get rid of the stupid commercial banners that
Xoom puts on every page by framing it. To see what I mean, click
http://members.xoom.com/veluwen , the starting page that gets framed, and follow
the Enter hyperlink, which uses the target=_top parameter, and see what happens
to the banners. HTML programming is almost fun! ;)

hnz