[OM] Re: If you think the Mercury battery was banned because of health c

Subject: [OM] Re: If you think the Mercury battery was banned because of health concerns
From: "Samuel Morales" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 00:26:37 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: George M. Anderson <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, September 18, 1999 1:00 PM
Subject: Re: [OM] New OM-1N and battery problem

If you think Mercury batteries were banned because of health concerns , who
are you kidding?  It all has to do with money.  Mercury batteries lasted  3X
as long and someone who invested in battery companies or law came up with a
great idea to get rid of it because of health concerns.  It cleans the
environment , etc, etc, it's safer and so on.

They did the same with feron and to take it a step further , they did the
same darn thing with a toilet.  I kid you not.  Now new toilets are made of
1.5 gallons tanks.  Approx. one gallon flush will do the job.  The old
toilets were 3 gallons.  Know tell me ,  do the 1.5 gallon tanks save water?
When I first moved into my new house the toilet stopped every single time
over and over.  I finally got smart and flushed it 3x strategically after
evry use.

The same with feron and the change over.  Plastic replaced steel because it
suppose to last forever , right.  Wrong !  plastic over time becomes brittle
and cracks.  But , I guess nothing last forever.

Just remeber this , If something old is changed , it's because someone is
making money and who do you think invest in these companies before the
information gets out.  You guessed it!

Take care Sam ...