Re: [OM] Close up photos with the 50/3.5 + 4Ti + F280 + ext tubes (long

Subject: Re: [OM] Close up photos with the 50/3.5 + 4Ti + F280 + ext tubes (long)
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 09:13:33 -0400
Olaf,

Forgive me for asking the "obvious" question.

I don't understand why you would need to go through all of the gyrations? Why don't you just run a few tests with and let the OTF Flash metering take care of the exposure?

Skip

At 9/17/99 12:56 PM  +0200, you wrote:
Hi,

A while ago I asked the following question:

>> 1-Is there any easy way of recalculating the TTL OTF (Normal Auto) mode
>> and Super FP mode tables in such a way that a specific amount of
extension
>> is taken into account? In other words, does anyone know the correlation
>> between the amount of milimeters added in extension and the loss of light
>> (in stops)? If this correlation is known, it should be possible to
>> recalculate these tables rather than creating them by means of test
shots.
>> This information would be handy for determining the minimum working
>> distance between the F280 and the subject.

Now, when I obtained the Olympus "Manual for macrophoto group" booklet, I
finally seem to have found the right formulas to do the math. The answer to
my questio seems to be: No, there is no _easy_ way of recalculating these
distances (at least, I think there isn't). However, it's not impossible

----snip, snip --------

So, this should be the proper working distances according to the
guidelines (unless I've made a mistake somewhere), in reality
matters will of course also depend on how much light the subject
reflects, etc. but at least it seems to be a guide...

Any opinions? Anyone?

Cheers!
Olaf