RE: [OM] IS A-200

Subject: RE: [OM] IS A-200
From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 07:40:33 -0500
Further to my earlier posting on the subject:

> I have really only tested it with film with my Zuiko 135mm
> f3.5 (makes it
> ~200mm f3.5) and it looks pretty good.  One of my test
> targets at the moment
> is a silver birch tree trunk, which has some fine detail in
> it.  This looked
> good through the 50mm loupe.  Other shots also looked fine.
> The images are
> sharp with no obvious vignetting.  Mounted on my 50mm f1.4 there is
> considerable vignetting wide open (I was thinking it might be a good
> portrait combination).

Just had a look through several lenses with the A-200 attached:

100mm f2.8      slight vignetting
135mm f3.5      negligible vignetting
50mm f1.4       severe vignetting
50mm f3.5       bad vignetting
75mm-150mm      bad vignetting (slightly worse at the 75mm end)

The vignetting looks worse as you stop down as it has a sharper "edge".

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Louvre/6152/