Re: [OM] RE: Slide duplication -Part 1 (LONG POST)

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Slide duplication -Part 1 (LONG POST)
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 03:08:20 EDT
Cc: WKato@xxxxxxx
Quoting a previous post :
<< > * I used OTF Flash for trans-illumination and made adjustements to the
 > filter
 >    pack  for color temperature accordingly. (Previously I have used a
slide
 >    projector as light source). I adjusted the diffuser effective density by
 >    putting  layers of tissue   paper over the flash to get mid range dump
 >  values
 >    from the flash.  (Watch the flash recycle time (to light on) to
estimate
 >    amount of energy used)

Warren went on to ask :

    >> Would you mind telling us what filter packyou were using? <<
Warren,
           according to my somewhat cryptic old notes I used the following
filters as a starting point :

   *  UV filter (since strobe has lots of UV)  (part of filter set not lens
filter)
   *  22 Magenta
   *  65 Yellow
   *  plus the recommended filtration for the particular batch of film
      (printed on film container)

I ran a test roll choosing some "normal slides" and "difficult slides".
I don't have any notes on what I finally used so It can't have been
too far off.
    I also tested a few slides with a different pack and the slide projector
as illumination. I went with the flash.

     Other miscellaneous notes:  Slide projector lamps are meant to be
about 3400K but the film is rated at 3200K. My notes say you need
a  05 to 10 Yellow if you use a slide projector lamp.
With a quartz Halogen lamp you may still need a UV filter as
they produce  significant UV, although this is probably absorbed
in the case of a projector's condenser /heat absorber.
      Kodak recommends that the 5071 exposure should ideally be
 between 1/10sec and 10secs with their recommended illumination.
      In the reverse direction if you use a daylight film and 3400K
illumination you could try:    80 Cyan +   25 Magenta.

I hope these work for you,
Good Luck,

Tim Hughes
Hi100@xxxxxxx