[OM] OM1 OM2 flim advance

Subject: [OM] OM1 OM2 flim advance
From: Chris Barrett <cpbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 12:58:28 +0100
Cc: "'OM digest'" <Olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Mike Harrington wrote:

"When I was in my local shop, I played with, breifly, a beat-up OM-1.
It's advance was buttery-smooth. Real silky. This camera, obviously, is a
lot older than my 4T.
Then I tried out a couple of OM-2n's, I'd like one for a back-up.
It's advance had that OM-4 feel-- a bit gritty."

I think it may be down to them needing servicing. I have an OM1 and OM2n, and I
don't feel any difference. Indeed I believe it is the same mechanism.

Chris Barrett
Malvern