Re: [OM] ... spot metering technique ...

Subject: Re: [OM] ... spot metering technique ...
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 00:21:43 EDT
That's what the spot meter is for. Total control over the exposure process.
Sometimes your eye is fooled as to what is medium gray at 18%. So take
multiple spots but remember what spot you main subject was measured at. Then
you can compare the most important part of the shot in the context of the
rest of the spots. At that point you can bias it by taking more spots to take
the averaging in the direction you want or you can use exposure compensation
to do the same thing. Likewise, if you are shooting a light or dark
complexion you can vary accordingly.