Re: [OM] ... Raghubir Singh...

Subject: Re: [OM] ... Raghubir Singh...
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 22:15:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 5 Sep 1999, claire wrote:

> Dear Z & Z's,
> Anyone here seen / read the works of one Raghubir Singh ?
> What I am astounded is that, he did all these with an SLR ? The pics look
> very much like "highly -likely - a - rangefinder- camera - was- used...

     No rangefinder was used. Mr. Singh was a master colorist and one
of the best street shooters of our time. He used simple mechanical SLR's
(Nikon FM2's) coupled with his masterful eye to produce outstanding
images. Nothing anyone could not do with a good old OM-1 (save for his
fill flash shots, because there the FM-2's 1/250th synch DOES make a
difference). He used rather humble glass, too, btw. One thing Raghubir
Singh's work teaches us: It's not the equipment that holds us back from
great imagery.
                             *= Doris Fang =*