Re: [OM] Re: camera strap alternatives

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: camera strap alternatives
From: Gary Edwards <edwardsg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 15:28:03 -0500

> I have seen plastic tubing used.  What about "heat shrink" tubing, it would
> be very secure.
>
> Wayne Harridge

Many years ago (maybe 18?) I whipped the rings on my OM-2 with waxed dacron
(terylene, for you Brits) sail twine.  I did it to prevent the split ring ends
from cutting into the nylon strap webbing.  The whipping has held up pretty
well but the top corners of that camera are brassed anyway, just from the
friction of the nylon webbing.  I don't worry about it any more.

Gary Edwards