Re: [OM] Help, it's happening again, the Zuikies are taking over, help.

Subject: Re: [OM] Help, it's happening again, the Zuikies are taking over, help....
From: Wayne Shumaker <shumaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 12:08:18 -0400
At 01:55 PM 9/2/99 +0200, you wrote:
><Enter Olaf>
>Help... they're here again, heeeeelp, the infamous undergods known as
>Zuikies are descending from the mountain Olympus to make their way into my
>brain, heeelp, aarghhh, they're taking over...
>
>Too late: zuikoholism is once more trying to get the hold of me, and I'm now
>about to be possessed by the Zuikies.

ehh, no biggie, wait till you have one of everything and you start
buying a second one, and a third one... you gota ways to go buddy...
and when you don't think twice about $1000+ you know you've lost
rationality totally, but then you are at peace because you no longer
have to fight the Olympus archetypes lurking in the unconscious mind -
they are your mind. You and they are one.

If it gets too bad, pack up all your gear in airtight containers with
silica gel packs and head off to a monastery for an extended period of
meditation. Deep breathing and a special zuik-anxiety meditation can
help. Zuik-anxiety medition helps build up tolerance to the
uncontrolled urges of which you speak. After some practice, the
zuik-anxiety will transform into zuiko-bliss; where bliss and
contentment return to picture taking...

Zuik-anxiety meditation is very simple, but needs personal supervision
for the first couple of times. Basically one simply sits while not
trying to change or fix anything in oneself, allowing all the
zuikoholic urges to remain present, just sitting and observing, and not
saving oneself from the urges (but not acting them out either - which
is a form of avoidance of the anxiety). After some practice, one learns
to tolerate the urges and they no longer control you. In fact, the
urges transform into zuiko-bliss, where you can fully revel in the
adoration of your existing lenses.

Hope this helps. This method is counter to the oft expressed method of
selling all your stuff to fellow zuiks, which is really a form of
avoidance and denial.

Wayne
Hopkinton, MA