Re: [OM] Lens Performance Survey

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Performance Survey
From: "Klaus Schroiff" <kschroiff@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 01:29:13 +0200
There're some consistency checks in the database engine and one
prevents you from entering worse results for stopped-down vs. wide-open
performance.
In my experience I've never seen a lens that did not benefit from
stopping down a bit and I've some heavy doubts that a wide-angle
lens is really capable of this.
"stopped-down" refers roughly to wide-open + 1 or 2 f-stops and not
f/32 or so. Beyond f/16 the quality will usually deteriorate
quite rapidly obviously.

regards

Klaus