Re: [OM] M-Quartz remote controller 1

Subject: Re: [OM] M-Quartz remote controller 1
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank.van.Lindert@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 13:13:02 GMT
On Tue, 24 Aug 1999 14:19:22 +0200, "Hans van Veluwen"
<mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Wayne Harridge wrote:
>
>: A small query about this device.  It has a 2.5mm socket next to the
>: drive/winder cable, what is this used for ?  I guess it is probably to
>: extend the function of the red button by using a remote cord, but don't want
>: to try it and risk some damage.
>
>I found this in the FAQ:
>

>"P7) What is the small jack on the M.Quartz Remote Controller 1 for?
>
> It is apparently for a "Program Timer TM-2" which allows
> setting exposure intervals up to 1 *week* apart.  So with
> a 250 frame film back attached, you could go on for roughly
> 4.8 *years* :)
>
> Thanks to Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>"
>

>Now can anyone (Frank?) tell me if this Program Timer TM-2, that I had never
>heard of, is part of the OM System, and if so, of which Group
>(Phototechnical?),
>how does it look like, has it other functions besides extending the
>programmable
>interval? With such info I could add it to the e-SIF...
>
>Hans van Veluwen

Yes, Hans, I can - because I own the little thing myself.

AFAIK it is not a specific part of the OM-system, but it was primarily
sold for other purposes (with older Pearlcorder microcasette systems).
It looks like a small kitchen timer and has no other functions than
setting a timing interval. I will have a look when at home - maybe I
can find a picture or the documentation for the little thing.

I think that Olympus said the TM-2 could extend the total time of
exposures and intervals (with 250 frame back) to 1 year - probably
because the batteries won't last much longer... and even then the
motor drive would have to run from mains power.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL