Re: [OM] OT: user report on E100VS from Naturephoto group

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: user report on E100VS from Naturephoto group
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 14:20:55 -0700
Greg;

Thanks much for this article.  Great information, great photograph of
the monkey. BTW, the correct URL is:

http://www.gerryellis.com/e100vs.htm

I've only shot 1/2 dozen rolls of E100VS and I agree 100% with Gerry
ellis' conclusions.  In fact, I posted my opinion a few months ago.
This is a great film.

An interesting? sidelight is that one month after I first used the film
and posted my ravings about it here, I ran into Galen Rowell while I was
photographing in Yosemite.  I had never met him or seen him in person
before, but I recognized him right away because of all the photos of him
I've seen. (BTW, I was **very** surprised by one of his physical
characteristics, my mental image having been formed by seeing several of
his self-portrait photos.  Also, BTW, he, in the past, was probably my
favorite photographer and several of his books taught me much of what I
based my photography on.  And I told him so at this time. Although my
opinions and tastes have changed. I didn't tell him this.) Anyway, I
began to rave to him about E100VS, based on my nite photo results from
the previous month. He was quite unimpressed and said that he had tested
it and it was grainier than Velvia, grainier that E100SW, and.. In
general, he put down the film.  I'm wondering if he's on the Fuji
payroll?  E100VS is a great film.

George